Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Lisa's Wedding!!! Part 1

In November, I was honored and greatly blessed to be a bridesmaid in my dear friend Lisa's wedding!! I think we figured out that we've been friends for about 18 years now and it was so exciting to be able to be a part of her special day!! I was able to fly out a couple of days early which just added to the fun. I had such an awesome time. It was great to get to have some extra time with Lisa and get to know the other bridesmaids - we all knew Lisa's sisters, but none of the rest of us knew each other. We quickly became one big family!! :) I've never felt so at home in a large group of people, most of whom I didn't previously know. Everyone was amazing!! Lots of good memories made for sure. :) 


Lisa and Mrs. Dales picked me up at the airport! Although I've flown quite a bit, this was the first time I'd ever flown by myself. It went great!


Mrs. Dales surprised me by driving through our old neighborhood! We lived in AZ from the time I was 5-7 while daddy was stationed at Luke AFB. I was surprised by how much I DID'NT remember. It was really fun to be back - it's hard to describe the feeling of being somewhere that you haven't been for 16 years. It almost seems like remembering another lifetime or something. :)


I was introduced to Dutch Brothers coffee!! Let me tell you, it is AMAZING!!!



AZ landscape -so different from OK!! Definitely just as beautiful though in it's own way.


You can see the mountains from the Dales' front yard.


They're house and property are beautiful!! It was fun being able to help do some of the setting up.


Kelby (another bridesmaid) and I enjoyed spending Thursday afternoon in the kitchen together making dinner and a surprise dessert for a surprise party! Apparently I had too much fun because I forgot to get a picture of Kelby and I! :)


Thursday night the mothers and us girls enjoyed the opportunity to spend some time praying for Lisa and sharing stories.


Lisa also gave the bridesmaid gifts - beautiful jewelry and flip flops!! Lisa and Mrs. Ronsick made the flip flops together!


All of the bridesmaids and Lisa!


Having fun!


Working with new friends!


The decorations were absolutely amazing.


Lots of preparations!



Lisa and David - so happy for you guys!!
That was one of my biggest highlights from the trip - being able to finally meet David! I felt like I already knew him, but it was definitely nice to be able to meet face to face. 




Special thanks to Ms. Helen for the pictures from the rehearsal!

Bridesmaids all lined up for rehearsal!




Friday night - painting nails, trying to get fake nails to stick (LOL!!), steaming dresses, eating chocolate, and talking WAY too late!!! :)

Enjoy this awesome video of highlights from the wedding!!

Pictures of the big day to come soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers!! :)